Recently, I was awarded The Sunshine Award by Us on Cloud 9. Here’s what The Sunshine Award is all about…
Acknowledge the nominating blogger. Us on Cloud 9
, I acknowledge you. Thank you for the award!
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
List 11 bloggers that deserve a little blogging recognition and love.
11 Random Facts:
1. I don’t like raw tomato. If you go to lunch or dinner with me and I’m served a tomato slice, I’ll always ask if you want my tomato. Just enough people say “yes,” that I continue to ask this annoying question.
2. I don’t like talking on the phone. It’s never felt natural to me. I prefer face-to-face or email.
3. I had the honor of shaking Princess Diana’s hand. On purpose, I didn’t offer my hand to Prince Charles because I was afraid they had a “only shake a person’s hand once” rule between them as a couple, and I wanted to shake Princess Diana’s hand.
4. While being introduced to rappelling in the Army, I fell, backwards, off a 30-foot tower. Fortunately, a belay (a person on the ground who can pull down on the rope and stop your descent) really does work. It was a little scary though.
5. I have to work really hard not to be a hoarder. I love knickknacks…A LOT.
6. I’m both a slob and a perfectionist. The conflict is exhausting at times.
7. I wouldn’t let my daughter have a dog the entire time she was growing up because I didn’t like dogs. Now we have three. That’s what happens with empty nest syndrome.
8. I’ve been told I look like Sally Fields…A LOT.
9. I don’t get the zombie apocalypse or doomsday-preppers. My instruction to my husband is to kill me at the first sight of zombies or doomsday. I’m far too old and used to a cushy American life to want to survive either zombies or doomsday. I’d prefer to exit, stage left.
10. My dream vacation is to ride the Orient Express, first class, all the way.
11. I can’t live long enough to do all the things I’d like to do, go all the places I’d like to go, and read all the books I’d like to read.
11 Questions Created For Me:
1. What’s your nickname and how’d you get it? – I don’t really have a nickname, although my sister sometimes calls me “Jeanie” because of my middle name. Oh, and a friend calls me “Lowee.” Her name is Lori too, so guess what I call her? We’re Lowee and Lowee. Okay, I guess I do have nicknames.
2. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you’d buy? – A vacation.
3. What was the last thing you splurged on? A pot of shea butter.
4. Favourite chip flavour? – BBQ. No question.
5. What’s your favourite movie? – I have too many to answer this question, but I’ll go with my standard answer and say Dr. Zhivago.
6. What are the 3 closest objects to you? – Coffee cup, lip balm, computer.
7. Where would you want your next vacation to be? – After I’ve won the lottery…the United Kingdom.
8. Who is your favourite author and what’s your favourite book by them? – Same answer as, “What’s your favourite movie?”…too many to answer. I’ll say Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White, because this is the book I attribute to making me a lifelong reader. My newest favorite author is Tana French and my favorite book of her’s is The Likeness.
9. What’s your favourite season? – Fall, but I truly love them all.
10. If you had $10,000 to donate to any charity, which charity would you choose? – Freedom, Casper and Nikki’s rescue group…Allies For Greyhounds.
11. What’s your favourite piece of clothing? – Pajamas. If I have to pick a “public” piece of clothing, I would select a “dress.” Dresses are so easy. One piece of clothing and you look like a million bucks…comfortable too.
11 Questions For My Nominees:
1. If you could have dinner with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
2. You just won the dream vacation of your choice, anywhere in the world…where are you going and why?
3. What’s your favorite thing to eat?
4. What’s your favorite old-time television show?
5. What’s your favorite current television show?
6. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
7. Who is your doppelganger?
8. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
9. What’s your favorite meal of the day? Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
10. Coffee, tea or neither?
11. What is your favorite lip balm?
1. Mac and Maisie: The Dog Blog
2. Class A Greyhounds…Rving with the Big Dogs!
3. Jet’s Furkid Palace
4. Dachshund Nola
5. Two Greyhound Town
6. Tales and Tails
7. Graceful Greyhounds
8. Dog Gone Right
9. Suzy’s Sanctury
10. Yes I Know, My Dogs Look Funny
11. Peaceful dog
If you’ve already received The Sunshine Award or just don’t do awards, please feel free to skip this nomination.