I once saw a decorative pillow made from a button down shirt.
Scissors (I used a rotary cutter and board)
Pillow Form (not shown in picture below)
Note: This top will make a 12″ x 12″ pillow.
1. Cut the sleeves off the top and separate the front from the back.
2. Cut the front piece 1″ larger than your pillow form. I used a 12″ x 12″ pillow form, so I cut my piece 13″ x 13″.
3. Cut 2 pieces 13″ x 8″ (remember, these are proportioned for a 12″ x 12″ pillow form). I used the sleeves. These two pieces will form the envelope back of the pillow. With each piece, fold one of the 13″ sides under 1/4″, then turn under 1/4″ again for a neat hem. Neatly top stitch hem into place.
4. Pin pieces, right sides together. Stitch around the pillow cover using a 1/2″ seam allowance. Trim the seam allowance to 1/4″.
5. Turn right side out and insert your pillow form. You now have a great new accent pillow.