April Showers Bring May Flowers
Scissors (I used a rotary cutter)
Button or beads for flower center
1. Cut a 2-1/2″ diameter circle from the felt.
2. Cut twenty-three (23) 3″ x 3″ squares of fabric.
3. With wrong sides together, fold each square in half. Press lightly. Bring the side edges of the petals to the lower edge. Press lightly. The fabric I used was polyester. I used a pressing cloth, so I wouldn’t melt the fabric.
4. Baste the bottom raw edges together. Gather and knot off to form a petal.
5. Tack the petals on the edge of the felt circle, overlapping slightly.
6. Apply a second and third row of petals.
7. Sew or glue a button or beads to the center of the flower. You now have a soft, pretty flower to add to an outfit or to an item in your home.