April Showers Bring May Flowers
McCall’s Pattern #M6047 (This is the same pattern I used to make the rick rack flower.)
1. Separate the zipper sections.
2. Since I was using a short zipper, I sewed the two pieces together and trimmed off the extra material. If the zipper material frays, apply fabric glue to prevent further fraying.
3. Using heavy thread, hand gather 1/8″ from the outside edge of the zipper.
4. Adjust gathers tightly.
5. To form the flower, start at one end and roll the flower towards you, securing the layers as you roll. Sew down the edge to finish.
6. Now that is one edgy flower!